One For The Gents

Tuesday, March 31, 2015


Hey there, it has been a while since I have posted (almost three months, but hey who's been counting.) Lately I have been preoccupied with school stuff, being work and sports (that's grade 11 for you) and I never had the chance to make time to update you all. But aren't you glad to know I'm still alive and better as ever?

Earlier when I started blogging I had a few guys ask me what my blog is all about. I said I share my views on what's trending in the fashion world but I usually lean on the feminine side of things. I was then requested to post something for the gents.
And I thought I would share some tips on choosing the perfect outfit to wear to your Matric Dance.

Gentlemen, before you can go out shopping you need to have some inspiration and know what you are looking for. Search and browse the internet for some ideas. Pinterest is the best place to find inspiration from.
The most important thing when shopping for a suit or a formal outfit is the fit of the outfit. The way the suit, trouser or blazer fits your body determines the authenticity of your look. Don't think that what looks good on David Beckham will look good on you, know what works for you.

Keep in mind that a Matric Dance is a formal event but not too formal like a wedding Wear something that you will be comfortable in and that you can move around in. Make sure that your shirt is on point as you will be spending most of the night with your jacket off.

The black tux is always a classic and simple route to take, you can never go wrong with it. Pair it with a crisp white shirt, classy bow tie or skinny tie.

Trey Songz at the 2013 Grammy Awards.

 But if you are a risk taker and you would like a bit of colour I suggest that you keep the palette simple and go for colours like navy or midnight blue, burgundy or even emerald green.











 To make it more subtle separate it with tones of black or brown. You can pair the blazer with a black pant, just to neutralise things.


Another trend gents have been rocking nowadays is wearing a different blazer with black trousers. The blazer can be coloured or printed, depending on how outgoing you are.










One last thing, pay attention to details. Your tie, pocket square, belt, watch and shoes are what will highlight and complete your look.







And don't forget your number one accessory, your date. Make sure that she looks just as snazzy as you do.

I hope this will help you when it comes to deciding what to wear on your special night.

Remember God loves you and so do I.

P.S - Confidence is key...xx

TLegO...


You Might Also Like

0 comments