Happy 2019 : What I Have Learnt

Friday, January 11, 2019


I am sure everyone, including myself, has ambitions and goals to reach this year, as normal with every year. But before pursuing those goals I would love to reflect on the few things that I learnt in 2018.

 


This year has been challenging in different aspects like academically, personally, spiritually and emotionally so to speak. It was not all that easy to experience most things but I am glad that I did because if it was not for those challenges I would not have learnt the many things that I did about myself. 


  • I learnt that it is okay to express how you feel. It is okay to feel happy, sad, angry, not in the mood or whatever you may be feeling in that moment, but it is important not to let your emotions take over you. I realized that whenever I felt down I would try to hide it because I usually portray a "happy image" towards people and that would affect me when I was alone because all those emotions that I’ve been suppressing would come out. So to avoid that from happening I do not hide how I feel. 


  • It is okay to make mistakes, as long as we learn from them. I believe that it is our mistakes that drive us to become better people. Without them we would not be able to refer to what we need to change. 

  • If you are at peace with it, then that is all that matters. My sister always says that if something costs you your peace it is very expensive. And it is true, whatever it may be, a choice you have made, a desire that you may have or something you might have said, if you are at peace with it that is all that matters regardless of what others may say but if not then you obviously need to address it. 

Earrings - Lovisa
Top and Jeans - Truworths
Overlay - Mom's
Heels - The Fix


I look forward to 2019 and all the experiences that wait ahead. I look forward to nothing but growth this year. What do you look forward to in this new year? Comment down below, I would love to hear from you. 

These photographs were shot by the talented Hesper Photographer. Their Instagram handle is @hesper_photography, do check them out. 

Remember that God loves you and so do I. 

TLegO...







You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love your pictures firstly��. In 2019 I'm looking forward to peace. Peace with facing challenges , peace with setbacks, I'm looking forward to my faith being restored. I'm looking forward to life and love. I'm looking forward to seeing what God really had planned!

    ReplyDelete